This page documents the newest and upcoming Freeview features.
New features and improvements in v6:
- Unified layer list on control panel. Show all data layers in a single list view, instead of in multiple tabs.
- Able to select multiple layers and adjust their settings at the same time
- Much faster data loading on large data (using OpenMP)
- Dedicated Recon Edit mode for recon editing
- Added more volume filters
- Show Talairach coordinate information
- More ROI display options including thresholding and colorizing by stat.
- Option to map volume ROI to surface and can edit on both volume and surface
- Automatically move cursor to corresponding white surface vertex when clicking on inflated surface.
- Can load multiple surface labels and display them at the same time
- Option to colorize surface label by stat
- Option to hide individual slice and/or surface in 3D view
- Option to use percentile for setting thresholds for surface overlay
- Option to adjust settings of multiple overlays at the same time
- Option to go to the centroid of a label and also reorient 3D view based on the current vertex on surface.
- Extensive command-line options
- Many bug fixes
Work-in-process and upcoming:
- Label surface and ROI layers by color in the layer list
- Display only selected labels in 2D slice view and also as iso-surfaces in 3D view.
- New enhanced data format for point sets. Can record comments and stats and other extend-able information.
- Mask surface overlay by a surface label
- Unified volume and surface ROI. Can edit it on both layers. More extended options for editing ROI on surface.
More extensive features for track visualization