|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
|* source only checkout which excludes all distribution data. For faster and thinner local builds.|
a grab-bag of notes on what we'd like to see in the ideal freesurfer source code environment, and runtime
- newer respository, eg git
- source only checkout which excludes all distribution data. For faster and thinner local builds.
- cmake replacing autotools as the build enviro
one-stop-shopping build of all 3rd party packages --> like neurodebian
- continued source code cleanup:
- remove all #if 0 code and duplicated stuff
- source code documentation
- more low-level unit tests
- memory structures changed to allow easier cpu (and gpu) parallelization (see rge notes)
- complete replacement of recon-all with ????
evaluate necessity of 3rd-party packages, eg PetSc