|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 65:||Line 65:|
* '''[[AnatomiCuts:]]''' An unsupervised hierarchical streamline clustering algorithm based on anatomical similarity. AnatomiCuts is currently in the developing branch.
* '''[[DiffusionTool :]]''' This tool can help generating the configuration file of TRACULA and setting up the parameters to run AnatomiCuts.
FreeSurfer is a software package for the analysis and visualization of structural and functional neuroimaging data from cross-sectional or longitudinal studies. It is developed by the Laboratory for Computational Neuroimaging at the Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging. FreeSurfer is the structural MRI analysis software of choice for the Human Connectome Project.
License: The open source license agreement that allows you to use FreeSurfer
Release notes: New features and changes in each version of FreeSurfer - current stable release is v6.0.0
Installation guide: How to download and install FreeSurfer on your computer
Citing FreeSurfer: Short description and citations for core FreeSurfer methods
Publications: A Zotero library of articles on the methods in FreeSurfer and the studies that use FreeSurfer
User support: How to get help with problems that you encounter when using FreeSurfer
Hands-on training: Information on the FreeSurfer courses that we organize in Boston and around the world
User contributions: Scripts and techniques from users of FreeSurfer
Other software: Third-party software packages that are interoperable or related to FreeSurfer
Acknowledgements: The funding agencies and collaborators that have contributed to the research behind FreeSurfer
FreeSurfer provides a full processing stream for structural MRI data, including:
- Skull stripping, B1 bias field correction, and gray-white matter segmentation
- Reconstruction of cortical surface models (gray-white boundary surface and pial surface)
- Labeling of regions on the cortical surface, as well as subcortical brain structures
- Nonlinear registration of the cortical surface of an individual with a stereotaxic atlas
- Statistical analysis of group morphometry differences
For more information, see:
Overview: General description of the functionality in FreeSurfer
Recommended acquisition protocols:
Work flows: How to use the FreeSurfer stream to accomplish specific tasks
Tools and commands: GUI and command-line tool documentation
File formats: Description of native FreeSurfer file formats, as well as external file formats recognized by FreeSurfer
Coordinate systems: Details on the voxel and RAS coordinate systems used in FreeSurfer
FreeSurfer Functional Analysis Stream (FS-FAST): FS-FAST is a set of tools for performing functional MRI data analyses on the cortical surface.
TRActs Constrained by UnderLying Anatomy (TRACULA): TRACULA is a tool for automated global probabilistic tractography with anatomical priors. It reconstructs a set of major white-matter pathways by incorporating prior information on the structural segmentation labels that each pathway goes through or next to, as a function of position along the length of the pathway. It includes a specialized stream for processing longitudinal diffusion MRI data.
* AnatomiCuts: An unsupervised hierarchical streamline clustering algorithm based on anatomical similarity. AnatomiCuts is currently in the developing branch. * DiffusionTool : This tool can help generating the configuration file of TRACULA and setting up the parameters to run AnatomiCuts.
PET Partial Volume Correction (PVC) and Kinetic Modeling
Registration tools: FreeSurfer offers a range of tools for both within-subject and across-subject registration.
Quick Links for LCN Members
LCN Members can navigate to the LcnInternal wiki page with quicklinks to regularly requested resources or wiki pages